WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Physical Therapy Continues

Grant has been doing a lot of PT (physical therapy). Yesterday they got him to the parallell bars, and got him to stand up on his own! I wish I had been there, but, alas, I was working! They are trying to get him on a schedule so he doesn't stay up all night long, and is up during the days. He does tend to be a night owl in the hospital.
Every day he shows progress. Talks more, moves more, etc. He likes having visitors. Several freinds have dropped by. He's back to playing Xbox & the hospital brought him a Wii to play as well. My laptop wouldn't contect to the wireless internet at the hospital, but I will get that working asap, so he can check his email & play internet games.
He still has a long way to go, but we want to be homebound as soon as possible!
Take care all!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Happy News! Grant - you are truly amazing and I'm still "doing the wave!" :-)

I'm thrilled you're up to visitors again - any chance your 'ol teacher can come back and visit again?? I won't embarrass you, I promise!

Grant, keep up the hard, hard work. You are such an inspiration. You and your special family are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Mrs. Perry :-)

Colleen Collins said...

Grant and family...
What great news! We always knew you would bounce back!
Keep working hard Grant, we hope and pray to hear about more improvement every day, and it appears that is what is happening!
Love and prayers,
The Collins family

Anonymous said...

Hurray!! Hurray!! Hurray!! I'll try to get Austin down there soon.

Lisa F-R

Anonymous said...

Grant, I knew it!!! Did I tell you that YOU are the MAN or what!!! Your positive attitude and strong will are remarkable, and they will continue to get you through this ordeal. I'm so proud to call you my friend and can't wait to see you. Shall we say 13 Coins Belgian Waffle coming right up??? Keep up the hard work buddy, life will be a breeze after this. -Mark

Anonymous said...

Way to go Grant! Glad you're improving with the PT. Heard that can be the most painful stuff, but also what brings you toward recovery. Always in our prayers here at Trinity!
Peace,
Pastor Jen

Anonymous said...

Grant, your faith, courage, and strength just amaze me. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better. I've been reading other people's comments to your posts. What a blessing to be surrounded and supported by so many people who love you, admire you, and are so inspired by you. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Good luck with the physical therapy. You have a strong will, so I know you'll give PT your best. Everyone at BTMS, students and staff, is pulling for you! Grrrr! :)

Ms. Garrison
BTMS

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am so glad to see that Grant is doing better - he is such a fighter. You all have been in my prayers - I lit a candle for him at a beautiful church in Italy. Hope to get down to see him once our airline colds are gone.
Take care, Love,
Ann Herbig