WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Still at home & feeling good

Life is good. I got checked out at re-hab yesterday. All the therapists are pleased with my progress. I dont' have to go back! That's the good news!! I'm tired of doctors, and would prefer never to go to Children's Hospital again. But, of course, I still have appointments there. We have been discharged from SCCA and are now officially a patient of Childrens again. We see Dr. Hawkins tomorrow. He's my Ewings cancer doctor, but he will follow me from now on. I'm still waiting to get that Hickman out. I dont' want any infections so I must get that out.
My hair is finally starting to grow back. It's patchy. I hope it comes back the same.
School is going ok. I picked art as an elective, but we might do cooking.
I'm getting out and about. I feel like I can finally walk normal now. I'm not quite running yet, but I will soon. Shannon (my PT coach) works me hard.
Cole drives me places. We see movies, go out for dinner, see friends. I hope to see my friends more soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grant:
I am so glad your getting out and about and seeing movies and so on. Im glad your finnally going to school and that you are done with therapy. Can't wait to see you!

-Stuart

Anonymous said...

Grant!! I am so proud of you bro, you never stopped working hard and fighting this thing, and it's made you so much stronger! It's been amazing, I've seen you at your sickest and weakest moments, and you still fought with everything you had. You amaze me!! Sorry we never got to see Batman Returns, but I can imagine you've already seen it at least twice (Coleman 5 times). After going through this I can't wait to see what becomes of you.....the skies the limit my man!!! All the best to your Mom and Dad. Keep in touch, and all A's in school (no excuses). -Mark

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant!

You are so amazing! You just keep on going like that Energizer bunny. How exciting to read that you're getting out and about with Coleman and officially discharged from SCCA! That's big news!

Keep up the hard work, Grant - you have come so far.

I'll look forward to hearing how the cooking goes - I'm sure your mom will be thrilled to hand the kitchen over to you!

Give your family my best wishes, Grant. And you keep up the awesome recovery. :>)

Sincerely,
Mrs. Perry :>)

Anonymous said...

Great progress Grant! Congrats on finishing rehab. That is huge! MTHS is just around the corner - the countdown is on. You'll be able to see friends every day then! Hang in there & you'll be hanging out in the hub at school soon!

Lisa F-R

Anonymous said...

grant you are truely amazing. it was so great to see you the other day, your progress is such a wonderful inspiration. i totally understand you not wanting to spend a single second longer than you have to a the hospital, but do stop by time to time. made my whole week running into you!!
-emily