WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Friday, November 23, 2007

November 22, 2007 - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

It's Thanksgiving here at Children's Hospital and I'm roaming the halls talking to the nurses. I like talking to the nurses. They like to listen to my stories and even help me with homework! I got Thanksgiving dinner from Uncle Ted, via my dad. I got pie from Grandpa Jack via my mom. I also got a pie from the kids at Chef school, one of my classes at school. Wish I could have been there, but thanks for making it for me! I loved it. I got to eat it all by myself! My mom spent the night last night, so my dad's spending the night tonight. I will definitely be up later than him. I'm feeling okay so far. I even had the nasty chemo today, centeribine, or something like that. I guess my body is just getting used to chemo, or maybe the drugs they give me for nausea are working. I dont' know, but I'm glad.
Thanks to everyone for all the cards, gifts, emails, blog comments, etc. I do appreciate all your good thoughts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Grant!
Stinks that you have to go back. Sorry i couldn't meet up with you while you were home! Maybe next time! I don't have much to say because i said it all in the comment I posted on your other entry.

So, See you later,

Austin Roberts

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant!
It's good to hear that your nurses are taking such good care of you and that you get to "roam" the hallways. I'm glad your body is taking the chemo well, too. We'll keep praying that you stay comfortable, energetic for roaming, and ready for home before Christmas. You have so many friends and family who are praying for you and thinking about you all the time. Say "hi" to your mom and dad and Cole for me. Take care, Grant.
Mrs. Perry :)

Anonymous said...

hi.

Anonymous said...

hi grant (:
im super sorry about all this.
its such a bummer:(
your super strong, and you will be able to get through it though.
i dont know if you remember me that much... but i went to your old school, and now i go to btms.
i hope you can come back to school soon.
i will be praying for you (:
-CAITLYN-

Anonymous said...

Hey Grant whats up?
Havn't seen ya in a while.
I'v known you for about Nine years lets make much longer than that we all miss you and wish you the best!!!!!

kathryn!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Grant,

This week in Chef School is all the Ethnic Extravaganza! Our group is making these cream puff things. I think the "official" term in the cookbook is Indianerkrapen or something. They are hollowed-out cupcakes filled with CoolWhip and they are drizzled with melted chocolate. Maybe we can get some to you(without the chocolate). Mrs. Albrecht says that it is going to be hard to make. In Science we're doing stuff with solutions, solutes, solvents, solubility, and other stuff. It's pretty confusing. This has nothing to do with this, but my sister was "sick" today and she is being really annoying. She isn't eating anything except pumpkin pie and my brother just ate the last piece. I want to slap her. But anyways, I should be going now.

Talk to you later,

Austin Roberts