WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Friday, November 9, 2007

A donor is found!

Well, there looks like there are several matches for bone marrow for me. That's good, I guess. Now I just need to get my white blood cells jiving again. I need a count of 200 or greater to leave the hospital for a few days. It was 70 yesterday. Normally your white blood cells are over 5,000, so I'm not asking for a lot here............just 200.
I really need to get out of here and smell fresh air. I will only get a few days at home, then I have to come back and do this all over again. One more month long chemo, then my bone marrow transplant probably in January. It takes 10 days conditioning to get ready for a bone marrow transplant. They will use chemo that will kill the bone marrow completely, and possibly some radiation, brefore I even get the transplant. Does not sound like much fun to me!
I guess I can't go to school for a year after a transplant. Holy smokes! That's a long time. I hope I can still pass the 8th grade, so I can make it to high school someday. Maybe 1/2 way thru 9th grade.

3 comments:

Uncle Erik said...

Hey Grant, Welcome home hope you have lots of fun while you are home. Good job white cells!!! Say hello to Max. Grandma Dorothy says she is very happy you are home, and you got to reunite with Max. Uncle Ted says the nurses look very good.

Anonymous said...

Grant, I'm so very glad to hear that you are home and that a match ahs been found for you. All of your classmates miss you a lot. Today I told them about the match and do you know what they did? They clapped! Did you feel the good vibes? They were SO delighted and happy for you. Right now your blog is blocked by the school district filter (it blocks all blogs), but we have applied to the powers that be to have it unblocked. When that is done, we'll check in with you on a regular basis in class. This Thanksgiving is truly a time to give thanks for your donor.

Know that your bulldog family is thinking of you, pulling for you, and celebrating your good news.

Mrs. Case / SS & Eng

Unknown said...

hey grant hang in there and keep your spirits and hopes up. i know this is tough for you but you got to hang in there. we're all here for you grant