WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Well, al in al I had a good day. Santa visited me and gave me presents! My nurses were all super nice today and my mom and dad gave me lots of stuff. Cole came down to open presents together. We have to open some presents at the same time because we often get the same things. I saw the Adams famly yesterday and played Apples to Apples. Cousin Alicia won! My uncles & grandma dama came to see me tonight. Mom brought down dinner, but I really liked the scaloped potatoes from my grandma dama. I did get a whole strawberry rubarb pie from granpa Jack the other day. Food is starting to taste better.
I still don't have any white blood cells yet. What's up with that? I hope everything is going to still work out for me and I can get out of here sometime soon. I'm not really looking forward to spending my birthday here tomorrow, but I guess I got to.

2 comments:

Sinajlu said...

Grant - Happy Birthday!

It sounds like your Christmas was pretty good - not like being at home - but you were with those you love and who love you, and that's the most important thing about any holiday, but especially Christmas. Strawberry-rhubarb pie is one of my favorites, too. It's a nice balance between sweet and tart. I'm sure your white blood cell count will begin to rise soon - it is the season of all that "white stuff." It was sure a surprise to see the white flakes yesterday; I don't recall seeing white on Christmas in Seattle before, but my memory isn't as good as it used to be - guess there's just too much to fit into my limited cranial capacity! It was nice to see the photo of your "bulldog visitors." I'm sure they enjoyed the chance to be out of school and able to visit you. I'm hoping that your birthday is fun and that 2008 is going to be a great year for you - you certainly deserve it!
I love reading your blog! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Mrs. C

Marilyn Ornes said...

Grant, I doubt you know exactly who I am but I've heard from mutal friends about your dilemma. We are so sorry to hear that you are back in the hospital with further treatment for cancer ahead of you. You have our deepest sympathy and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

We are the Ornes family and have been close friends with your grandparents (grama dam and grandpa Mike) for many years. My husband Krist fished with your grandpa Mike and your uncle Eric many years ago. He also knows your granpa Jack from the fishing community. Your mom and dad are good friends also. Your dad actually used to babysit for my kids way back when he was a teenager. (They loved him by the way.) Eric and Ted have been good friends with my kids for many years also.

At any rate Grant, I just want you to know that we are thinking of you and praying for your recovery. We have a son that is on the transplant list for a kidney and has been waiting a very long time (5 years or more) so we know somewhat what you have been going through. Keep your positive attitude going as well as you can. It really helps for positive results. We love you and only hope for the best for you and your family. Please say hello to everyone from us. Take care and don't give those nurses too bad a time. (:

Love from us all
Krist, Marilyn, Torgny, Jon and Anne-Marie and Theo