WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Still Waiting for White Blood Cells


The wait seems forever. I had my 14th Birthday here on Dec 26th. My mom suprized me with a birthday party. She had to keep it fairly small, but I was suprized. I had vanilla cake with rasberry filing, whic h was good, then we had pizza. I got lots of presents. Again! It' s really not bad having a birthday right after Christmas, because I have 2 days of presents! My mom gave me 14 pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, fifty cents, dollor coins, dollor bills, 5 dollor bills and 10 dollor bills. As you can see I was quite happy about that present! We're gonna load that money on a visa card so I can go shopping from my computer here at the hospital.

I had a bone marrow biopsy on the 27th, so now my bottom hurts. They extract bone marrow out of the bone, and they took a little piece of my bone to look at. Nothing new, not a lot of activity in there. The doctors did say that was fairly normal since I had two back to back chemo's. I've had no white cells since 11/30. I hope this doesn't stop my transplant. I know I have to have a certain amount of cells before they can do it. I guess we wait and see.

If you feel like it, come for a visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grantster!!!! you are a total rock star and you were really funny today all zoned out! im glad your birthday was a big bash and surprise!! see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

wazzup grant... that was so fun playing apples to apples and Guitar Hero III that day with stuart and kevin.. i hope we can do that sometime soon.. well i hope u feel better soon.. ( that was a sweet gift that you got from your mom for your birthday ) see ya soon $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
(:, <:, :-), o:, 0:, (=
From J U S T I N .......