WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Still at home & feeling good - Transplant Day Set for February 8th

I have had a bunch of tests since I got out. I'm now going to Seattle Cancer Care Alliance for most of my test, and then I'll do the hopsital stuff still at Children's Hospital. So far they say the Transplant will be done around February 8th, since the donor needed an extra week. That makes radiation start aroudn Feb. 1st. Not looking forward to that. Dr's said it would be 4 days of total body radiation two times a day. Hopefully I can do that and still stay home. Then its 2 days of chemo and that will be done in the hospital. Then stem cells or bone marrow, they still don't know what one I'm getting. It's all kind of wierd and sounds scary, but I have to do it. I dont' really have any other choice.
I haven't been doing much. It's nice to be home and in my own bed. I got a new tutor today from my school. She's going to help me get some work done.
I mostly dont' wnat to get another infection which will put me back in the hospital before I need to go. I think the next stay will be the longest one yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grant: I'm glad to hear that your "big day" is finally almost here and you can continue your journey. I spoke with your tutor the other day about the online text book. Did you get your user name and password? If you need help getting into the site, check out the instructions on our class website. Once you get into the book, you will notice that every so often on the pages there are boxes w/questions. You simply type your answer in that box. I'll be checking the text book site on a regular basis to see what you have been able to get done. As you can see, we have been studying the American Revolution and the colonial battle for independence. You have your own battle for independence going on right now, and I'm sure you will be a successful as the colonials were! We are all pulling for you. Have you done any reading? Sometimes a book can be a great way to "travel" and experience new adventures. Let me know if you have any questions about the material for school. You can email me directly or go through the class web page. You are in my prayers - we miss you!
Mrs. Case