WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Still here & fighting

No easy way to say that the bleed in my head was not so easy as predicted. I had a tube drilled into my head to drain the fluid from collecting next to my brain on Sunday. My headaches got worse, in fact, they were talking about taking off part of my skull and taking out the clot. With that comes too many complications, so we opted for the less invasive surgury.
So far, so good. Dont' know really. I've been back in ICU, but possibly getting out of there, back down to the 3rd floor today. That is if they have room. It's sometimes hard to get a room down there. Why is there so much cancer?
My mom and Jeanine have been taking good care of me. My dad is home from Alaska for extra time to help me get better. I miss him when he's gone, but he has to go fishing when it's time. Hopefully I'll get better soon, so he can go without worrying about me all the time.
I'm on day plus 110 from the bone marrow transplant. I thougth I would be better by now, but I guess this stuff that's b een happening is not related to that. My white blood cells are still high and I dont' have too m uch graft vs host desease.
Thanks to my Team in Training for all the support to my family. Some of them are running soon, like this weekend, in San diego. Good luck on a whole or half marathon. Wow, I wish I could run a marathon. Maybe someday.

3 comments:

O'Mc Bloggivan said...

Hi Grant! I'm a Team in Training person doing a triathlon on June 8 - we had our kickoff gathering for the training season the night before your transplant, and I've been reading your blog ever since. You've endured a TON in the last few months since I've been reading your blog! You'll have plenty of marathons in your future if you want 'em! I'm sure of it!
Hang in there and keep fighting! Go Team!!!
- Kerry Murphy-Manning

Unknown said...

Hi Grant!

Whew! I'm so glad they found a way to get rid of your headaches and relieve all the pressure. You surely have been through so much and you ask a hard question... Why is there so much cancer? Though I know there's no answer for that one, I do know that lots of doctors and nurses are doing everything they can to get you back on your feet again. You are an amazing guy, Grant.
I'm so glad your mom, dad, Coleman and everyone else is there to keep you moving forward. We're all with you, Grant. I hope you'll be able to get back home real soon.
Sincerely, Mrs. Perry :-)

Anonymous said...

hey grant!!!
i know you probably don't know me but over the last yera attending btms i have learned a lot about you from mrs.case and ms.kasperzik!
i know that you are strong enough to fight!!!don't give up hope!!!!everyone at school believes in you so be strong!!!
gabriela