WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's been a long month

Well, I've been in & out of the hospital a few times since I last posted to the blog. I've been so so tired all the time. I got an infection twice, had a fever so I had to go back into Children's Hospital. I was there a week, got out for about a week, then back in again for a week. I only made it home for 2 days, before I had to get an ambulance from SCCA downtown to Children's again. I'm in ICU now because they found a big blood clot in my leg. It goes from my knee to my groin area. I had to have filter inserted through my neck, jugular vein, over the main vein, so that if the clot let go, it would not get to my lungs or heart. Now I'm getting medicine called TPA to try to disolve the clot. I'm going to get an ultrasound done later today to see if the clot is smaller. If it is not, then they will go in with a tube and try to put TPA right by the clot, which should dissolve it. I'm just glad they figured out why my leg hurt so much.
It feels like everything happens to me. I'm sick and tired of all this stupid treatment, and cancer in general.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh rats, Grant. I'm so bummed to hear that this last month has been so miserable for you! It's got to be so tiring and frustrating. Thank goodness for the great team of doctors and nurses who are keeping such great tabs on you. I know they want to get you healthy and out of there as soon as possible. And, thank goodness you have tons of friends and family who love you and are going to keep doing everything they can to get you through all this.

There are so many people rooting for you, Grant!

Love, Mrs. Perry :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant,
I am a friend of Mrs.Perry's. She has asked me to keep you in my prayers for a long time. I thought I would send you a message to let you know I am keeping you in my prayers. Every time I drive on Vine Road you and your family are in my thoughts. I would like to share with you a poem that is special to me. I hope you like it:

I Said A Prayer For You Today
by Frank J. Zamboni

I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart
Although he spoke no word!

I didn't ask for wealth or fame
(I knew you wouldn't mind).
I asked him to send treasures
Of a far more lasting kind!

I asked that he be near you
At the start of each new day;
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share your way!

I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small.
But it was for his loving care
I prayed the most of all!

God Bless you Grant and keep you in His arms always.
DeeDee Meyer

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant! You may not remember me. It's Sarah from science last year. What's up? Ha ha BTMS is as sucky as ever, you aren't missing much.

Anyways seriously, e-mail me sometime, I can fill u in on the crazy prank we're pullin at the end of the year.

sarahdefa@hotmail.com

-Sarah-

Anonymous said...

Grant, though I don't know you personally, I have heard of you and you are my hero. Obviously God has a reason for you, yet its very hard to see exactly what he wants you to do. I will pray for you. You can make it. You are the bravest person I have ever heard of and I hope you get better very very soon. I think that you are in the best place you can possibly be in and I hope it goes well for the rest of the time. Just keep holding on!! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Grant,

Not sure if you know who I am, I'm Chris Perry, Mrs Perry's son. I worked at Albertson's and I saw your dad all the time. I saw you a few times too. Anyway, my mom has been keeping me updated on how you are doing. Keep fighting dude. I'm going through sort of the same thing, I was diagnosed with brain cancer a year ago and I am doing chemotherapy 5 days a month. It sucks but in the end it will be worth it! I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Just keep fighting, you'll beat this thing and be done.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Hey Grant! You might remember me you might not. I was in Mrs. Cases English and social studies class with you in First and Third period. I don't know if you remember but i would usually be you partner along with Seth when we did group assignments. I hope you start feeling better and can come back soon. It was always fun talking with you and Seth. Sorry i didn't comment earlier but i just found out that you had a blog. You can E-mail me at edge.94@hotmail.com or edge94@verizon.net Hope you feel better and i hope to see you when you get out of that Hospital with crumby food!