WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Friday, May 30, 2008

A Message from Mom

Well...I must admit that I'm the one who has been writing for Grant the past couple of months. Grant really wasn't up to it, but I wanted the blog to keep going. He hasn't been able to answer anyone's messages lately, but he does like getting them!
This past week has been the hardest week so far for Grant. The fluid in his head has caused all sorts of problems. The blood clot is also a big problem. His brain has been pushed towards the right side, and is pushing on his brain stem. We need the fluid to drain, and the clot to absorb into his system, so we can avoid another brain surgery. It will take several weeks for the blood to be absorbed, if it does, so all we can do is wait. If they remove the clot, they will also remove some of his brain cells, which is never good. It's near the temporal lobe which runs speech, language, memory and other things.
Right now Grant is not able to wake up easily. He's mostly just sleeping. It's almost like he's unconcious, but he does respond sometimes. He's fighting for his life right now, so please, everyone, keep praying & sending positive vibes his way. It hardly seems fair that he could beat 2 cancers, go through a bone marrow transplant (which still seems to be working) and end up with fluid & blood on his brain. He's the bravest person I have ever known. He is fighting, I can tell. No matter what, it's going to be a long recovery for him.
I, of course, am a mess. Either Matt or I are at his bedside at all times. My best friend Jeanine, and Grant's buddy, is also here helping us out. We all just love him so much and want him to get better. Thanks everyone for being there. Will post again as soon as I can.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grant, Kim, Matt, & Coleman,
I am so sorry for all the suffering you all have had to endure. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Grant is obviously strong as he's proven over and over. He definitely has age on his side. Kids can have amazing recoveries. We're pulling for him! Bless you all,

Lisa Farrell-Roberts

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May you all have the strength you need. Thank you for posting updates for us, we care and want to know how things are going. Much love and many blessings to you.
Anne

Anonymous said...

hey grant maia and kathryn here,
mrs.case has been reading our class your blogs and we wish you the best and we all hope you get better. so just keep holding on because life would be hard to cope with with you not here. we might be visiting some time in the next two weeks because maia wants to say bye because shes moving to indiana next month. we wish you with our highest intrest the best!!!!!!

With love maia and kathryn!!!

Anonymous said...

Grant I dont reall know you that well ,but I pray for you every night and God is on your side. Stay strong and you will make it. I wish the best for you and your family and hope that you get better soon. You are amazing and one of the bravest people ever.

Anonymous said...

Grant,
Ms. Case has been reading your blog to us and keeping us up to date on how you are doing. We all were hoping you would be a lot better by now. We all miss you. You have been amazingly strong. Just keep on fighting. Don't give up! You have a strong and wonderful family who is by your side all the way. My family and I are praying for you every day. Stay strong. Kelsey Elliott and family

Anonymous said...

Dear Grant, Coleman, Kim and Matt,

My heart goes out to all of you and what you've been having to deal with. You're right, Grant is one strong guy and so are all of you. There are so many praying for you all - for Grant's healing and strength for you all. Thank you for keeping us all informed, even when it's hard to do.

Keep up the fight, Grant. I'm counting on hearing that you're back home with your buddies real soon. I can see your big ol' smile!

Love, Mrs. Perry :-)

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?