WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Off to the Rehabilitation Unit

Welll.....it's another day. We got out of ICU the night before last, when a bed was finally available on the SCCA floor. We are back in the room that we had when we got the transplant. But today, we got good news. They have room for Grant on the Rehabilitation Unit, and they plan on moving him tonight. That must mean that medically he is doing ok, now it's just getting his body to work again. Grant's been talking a little, still very weak. He can't pull himself out of bed yet, but he is able to weakly move his arms & legs. It really doesn't take long for your muscles to deteriorate. He's got a lot of weakness, but everyday he seems to get a tiny bit better. It's going to be a long summer for him, and the workout of his life. I know he's strong, and he is very brave, and that's what will get him through this.
God bless you all for caring. Thanks to everyone for the meals, the cards, the visits, the cleaning and your constant prayers. I dont' really know what I would do without you all. Until later....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news this is! Keep up the hard work, Grant. Kim - I so appreciate your messages and keeping us updated. This has truly been a work out for ALL of you and I so want you to continue to know you're not alone in all this. The prayers and support are constantly with you all. We're focusing on the victories one day at a time.

Love, Mrs. Perry :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant. You are amazing! Mrs. Norenberg gave me your blog address and I am so glad to know you are being so strong. You are in my prayers. Mrs. McBride (music at Brier)

Anonymous said...

Hi grant! this is great news! i hope your feeling a bit better, we are all praying for you!

Kara Cundy

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant and family, Just checking in from Team in Training, glad to hear you're moving out of that room.

We'll be thinking about you at practice tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

That's great news! You know, rehab is my field of expertise & passion. I have some friends down at CHMC that work in rehab that are excellent. If you need rehab at home, ask them to refer you to Rehab Without Walls. RWW has an excellent team that works with children/adolescents. I worked with RWW for many years and still have one long term client with them, but began some new work last fall. If I can facilitate anything as far as rehab goes, just give me a call. Rehab is hard work, but you're making progress and that is fantastic. Your Dad set a good example with his recovery and rehab. Slow and steady wins the race. We're behind you all the way!

Lisa Farrell-Roberts

O'Mc Bloggivan said...

Hi Grant and Kim -

I'm so glad to read about your progress, and know you're working incredibly hard. I just got back from a Team in Training Olympic distance triathlon and thought of you the whole race. Truly, there were a few miles on the run when I said to the stranger next to me, "This mile is for Grant!" It was really hot and hilly, and every time I needed a little boost I thought of you. I think it helped the people next to me, too...

What's the hospital address? I'd like to mail something to Grant.

Kim, thanks so much for maintaining the blog - it's been really wonderful.

- Kerry Murphy-Manning

Anonymous said...

hey grant keep this up i know u can do it
-Micah Walburg