WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Friday, June 20, 2008

It's been a long week.....Grant is still fighting

Tomorrow the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training are running their marathon tomorrow in Anchorage. Go Team!! I believe most of the team ran in San Diego a couple weeks ago, but the rest of them are running tomorrow. These people, who we never met before January, have been an inspiration to Grant & our whole family. They have taken us under their wing, made Grant an honorary member, and have been a constant support to us. The team we are on has raised over $200,000 for the fight for a cure. They are really something, so go check them out at http://www.teamintraining.org/ Maybe they will show them on their website tomorrow. I will be praying from 7am to 1pm for them all to make it with no injuries. Maybe next year we could attempt to walk a half marathon.....???? I know I couldn't run one!! I better start training right now!!

Anyway, it's been a long week. Grant is fighting. There hasn't been much change since my last post. He's still breathing good, his kindeys are functioning normally, and he seems to be pretty comfortable. Although, he was having more pain today, so we increased the pain medication. His speech is improving a bit, but our physical therapy is on hold for now. His legs are still enormous, so there is back up of the blood in there. The blood is making it to his feet, just not back up to his heart fast enough. I pray his body can make new veins, and his blood will quit clotting. We've run out of medical options, so it's up to Grant's body now. God willing, he can make it through.

School is out, so we've seen some of Grant's friends lately. Thanks boys for coming down. It's hard to see him this way, I know, but he does hear us & understands everything. He knows we all love him.

We'll keep you posted. Hugs to you all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you all every day!

Grant, I was thinking back on some of the times I remember from over the years. I remember in kindergarten working in Miss Yampol's class hanging up the rain forest. I remember you dad was on a really tall ladder hanging the forest ceiling & I was so glad there was someone else willing to do that! I remember when you and Austin were on the same soccer team. You were tough, especially in goalie. You never flinched when a ball came at you no matter how hard it was coming. I remember you coming before school for Math Olympiad. It wasn't your favorite thing, but I always enjoyed your straight forwardness. I also remember being on a field trip at the Museum of Flight and eating lunch at the picnic table out front. You were very funny & were eating your jello without a spoon. I was so scared you were going to laugh it was going to come flying out across the table at the rest of us. There's a lot of good memories Grant. I hope some of them bring back good times for you and put a smile on your face.

Lisa Farrell-Roberts & family

Anonymous said...

Grant & family, I am praying like crazy that his body will fight this very soon and you will be able to put this all behind you for good. I'm so sorry that you are back in-patient again and feeling so poorly. Hang in there, all of you! I know that there are many pulling for you and praying for you. May God give you all the strength to get through this. Sending big e-hugs your way!

Anonymous said...

You have always been a fighter Grant! Just keep on fighting. You have such a strong spirit. I am so sorry to hear that you are back in the hospital. During the school year, some of the kids come by and visit and often give me updates on how you are doing. Now that it's summer, I will keep checking your blog. I will keep praying hard for you and your family.
-Mrs. Norenberg

Colleen Collins said...

Hi Grant and family...
Was great to see you the other day, you sure are a fighter Grant, and I know you will beat this latest setback. All at Trinity send their prayers and regards. Kris Dudak (Mrs. Finley!) says she thinks of you often. Pastor Mark is anxious to see you when he returns from Minnesota.
God's peace
Colleen, Ron, Sam, Anna

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear your still fighting Grant! You are so brave to be going through this...you and your family. I pray that your clots will go away and maybe someday you will be able to go back to your life. Keep fighting Grant & family this battle is not lost yet!


Blessed Be,Corrina Biggs

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

It is Grant & your family who inspires us. Rick, another honored teammate, was the speaker at the pasta party the night before the marathon. He asked everyone there to keep Grant close during the race.

Talin had also brought a poster board that was moved throughout the course on race day. So you were all there with us as we did the marathon.

It was an amazing experience & I can't wait for the chance to walk with you & Grant.

Hugs & Go TEAM!!!

:) Amy

Anonymous said...

Dear Grant and Kim,

Thank you so much for allowing Miss Yampol and I to come and visit you today. Grant, you're such a great guy to let your old teachers in your room! :-)

It was good for my heart to see the watchful eyes of your mom and the gentle hands of your nurses looking after you, Grant. You have been through so much. We love you and want you to know you're always in our thoughts and prayers - always!

Love, Mrs. Perry

Anonymous said...

Grant, Kim, Matt and Coleman, Wishing strength and courage as you continue with this challenge put before you. You are in my thoughts everyday.
Thank you so very much for keeping this blog, I check it frequently.
-Anne

Anonymous said...

Falk family,

The entire Team in Training says "hello" and you are in all of our thoughts and prayers. There were posters of our #1 teammate Grant all over the marathon course in Anchorage, it was so nice to see and inspired us to keep running. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Grant, you are the toughest young man I've ever met, and I look forward to you beating this and us going fishing in Alaska!! Stay strong buddy!! -Mark

Alive to Grow said...

Kim,

I walked the San Diego Rock 'N' Roll...so glad I could do this in a small way to help Grant with the funds I raised. You may remember I came by one Saturday and helped with your laundry...

I continue to think of your family...may you find strength and help as we all pray for Grants healing.

Faith Gray