WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Today is the day - Bone Marrow Transplant Day

It's finally here. The day we've been waiting for. I don't know whether I should be scared, or relieved, or what. I've heard the actual transplant is no big deal. It's like getting a blood trnasfusion. I think it's afertwards that won't be so fun. We don't know what side affects I will get. I hope they aren't too bad. I'm already getting mucisitis, which is sores in the mouth. I got those really bad when I had radiation in June/July 2006. *i hope they aren't as bad as that this time.
Thanks everyone for the cards and coming to visit yesterday. *i do like visitors. My mom is bringing me vanilla cake with rasberry filling today. *I hope I can eat it. I'm not eating much anymore, since I feel sick most of the time. Sleeping a lot too. It gets very boring here, so *i play videos alot.
Have a Happy Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Transplant Day Grant!!! We are so excited and wish you nothing but the best. Uncle Ted and I will come visit you this evening.

Aunt Jessica

Marilyn Ornes said...

Hi Grant, We are so happy to hear that your transplant has finally arrived. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you today and throughout your recovery. We hope you will be home soon.
Love from the Ornes family
Marilyn, Krist, Torgny, Jon and Anne-Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant!

I feel like we should be saying Happy Birthday with this new bone marrow! :)

We are all praying daily for your comfort through this time while your body adjusts to the new marrow. We're so grateful to the donor and pray for them, too. You are definitely the toughest guy I've ever known, Grant. You have a lot of friends and family in your corner.

I hope the XBox thingy you need arrives soon so you can pass your time away with something you enjoy. Say "hello" to your family and I will keep sending prayers your way.

Love, Mrs. Perry :)

Anonymous said...

Grant: I hope you are feeling well. You have been in our thoughts and prayers here at BTMS.
The classes enjoyed making cards and getting the banners signed. They all want to be able to DO something for you because they care and miss you. You are doing a great job with your blog - keep it up!

Mrs. Case