WELCOME TO MY BLOG





By Grant Falk

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Waiting, waiting and more waiting. Pain, pain and more pain.


The transplant went ok. The 4 bags of marrow arrived in a little cooler. It took 9 hours to infuse through the line. It is NOT a surgery. It was a surgery for the donor. They took out the 4 bags of cells from his hip bone. Now they are in me floating around in my blood, eventually the receptors in my bones will call the new cells and grow my own new ones. My blood type will change to be the same as the donor O positive.

I've already got a whole lot of mouth sores, that hurt like hell. I've been in a lot of pain. Sometimes its really bad and I push a button for more pain mediccation. It helps but not that much.
Jeanine came down to see me from Chilliwack, BC. She's kinda like my second mom, but better. She never makes me clean and she can fix my network problems. We have an IT person coming tomorrow to hopefully get my xbox LIVE work.
Gotta go get vitals

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Grant,
We are all so proud of you! You are are trooper. Molly said she wants to paint you a picture to go on the wall at the hospital,so we will be bringing that soon. We love you very much!
Loves;
Uncle Erik Aunt Becky Molly and Cammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Grant!

I sure like your new home page on your blog.

I wish you weren't experiencing so much pain. I can't begin to imagine how you have managed all this - you are one amazing and brave kiddo!! I'm keeping you in my daily prayers and hoping for good things to come for you. You are an inspiration to so many and I hope you know you are not alone in this.

I'm so glad you have such good family and friends with you by your side.

Love, Mrs. Perry :)

Unknown said...

Hi Grant,
I'm sorry you have so much pain to deal with. Hopefully it will pass soon, and you only have to deal with boredom in the hospital.

Is your computer up and running again? Hope so.

We're rooting for you to get past this. Let Grandpa Jack know when you're ready for another pie.

Much love,
Grandma Ginge and Grandpa Jack

Unknown said...

Hey Grant,
I don't have much to say because we have been on our 5 day weekend, but it's almost over so i should have something to say soon. I hope your pain eases up.
Good Luck,
Austin Roberts